MITS to hold public meeting to discuss bus route changes
MITS (Muncie Indiana Transit System) will be holding a meeting tomorrow to discuss potential changes coming to the local bus routes.
The public hearing will be at 8:30 a.m. at the Dr. J.B. Black Jr. Meeting and Training Facility, 1400 E. Seymour St.
According to The Star Press, the Muncie Public Transportation Corporation plans several changes to routes and bus line names impacting multiple areas of Muncie, including Ball State.
Possible changes including:
- Route 1 Ball State University and several other routes would continue to other routes during certain hours.
- Service on Route 4 Muncie Mall would be reduced from every 15 minutes to every 30 minutes.
- Route 14 Riverside/Rural King would be changed to a new name, Rural King/Walmart.
- Route 16 Walmart would be renamed Walmart/Rural King.
- Saturday service on Route 9 Industry Willard would be changed from every hour to every 30 minutes.