Crime Roundup: UPD, MPD make several arrests during holiday week

What's been happening with crime in Muncie during the holiday week? Here's this week's Crime Roundup from June 30 through July 5. 

Friday, June 30 

A Ball State University Police Officer conducted a traffic stop shortly after 4 p.m. after the license plate and the registration to a vehicle did not match. 

The officer checked the license of Adam Schuyler, 32, Yorktown. Schuyler advised the officer that his license was suspended. 

In a probable cause affidavit, the officer stated Schuyler, “would never look at me and seemed over nice and respectful.” The officer called for UPD K9 Fritz to do a sweep of the vehicle. 

Officers located a small plastic bag of Suboxone, 19 syringes and a plastic bag containing methamphetamine. Suboxone is approved by the FDA for the treatment of opiate dependence. 

Schuyler was transported to the Delaware County Jail and preliminarily charged with possession of methamphetamine and possession of a syringe. 

Saturday, July 1 

A 20-year-old male was shot in the finger after police said he was sitting on his porch when someone in a car began shooting at his house. 

Officers of the Muncie Police Department responded to the 500 block of E. 5th St. around 3:30 p.m. 

Investigators from MPD said four to five shots came from a silver or gray car with tinted windows. 

The victim got a ride to the hospital and was not on-scene when officers arrived. No arrests have been made. 

Sunday, July 2 

A statewide Amber Alert was sent out on Sunday after the suspected abduction of three children from Anderson.

RELATED: Anderson police issue Amber Alert for 3 children 

They were found several hours later, unharmed in Illinois.

UPDATED: Anderson Amber Alert cleared, children found unharmed 

Monday, July 3 

After two successful undercover buys of narcotics, officers of the Delaware County Sheriff’s Department made an arrest. 

Donald Douglas, 68, Muncie, was preliminary charged with two counts of dealing cocaine, a Level 5 felony. 

The first undercover buy took place in March and an officer said in a probable cause affidavit, Douglas sold a confidential informant .2 grams of cocaine. 

On April 20, a confidential informant also purchased .2 grams of cocaine from Douglas. 

Tuesday, July 4 

Muncie Police Officers responded to a report of a subject with a gun at the Muncie Inn around 10:15 p.m.

Officers spoke with two people on scene who stated Ramon Parrott, 44, Muncie, had battered one male that had blood coming from his mouth and blood on the ground. 

One male stated that Parrott drove up to a room on a scooter, battered an unknown white male, and pointed a pistol at one man. 

Parrott told the officers he came in the Muncie Inn to sell cigarettes. Officers located a bag of cocaine, three bags of marijuana, digital scales, cigarettes, but they did not locate a gun. 

Parrott attempted to run from officers and resisted when officers attempted to arrest him. 

He was preliminary charged with two counts of intimidation and single counts of unlawful possession of a firearm by a serious violent felon, pointing a firearm, possession of cocaine or narcotic drug, resisting law enforcement, possession of marijuana, dealing marijuana, battery with no injury, reckless possession of paraphernalia and carrying a hand gun without a license. 

Wednesday, July 5 

An officer of the Muncie Police Department responded to the report of a domestic problem in the 50 block of Orchard Place.

When the officer arrived, they made contact with the resident that advised police Rebecca Miller, 54, Muncie, had an active protection order and was in the residence. 

Police arrested Miller and preliminary charged her with invasion of privacy and possession of a controlled substance. 

When corrections officers at the Delaware County Jail searched Miller, they located hydrocodone. It was turned over the Muncie Police Officer and placed into the evidence room.