Eight Ball State baseball players named Academic All-MAC

The Ball State Baseball Team shakes hands with Valparaiso at the conclusion of the game on April 11 at Ball Diamond in the First Merchants Ballpark Complex. The Cardinals won 11-2 bringing their win streak up to 4 games. Kyle Crawford // DN

Cardinals on the 2017 team

1. Caleb Stayon, Senior (3.927) - Telecommunications
  2. BJ Butler, Senior (3.803) - Information Systems
  3. Matt Eppers, Senior (3.588) - Entrepreneurial Management
  4. Sean Kennedy, Senior (3.586) - Business Administration
  5. Colin Brockhouse, Junior (3.337) - Exercise Science
  6. T.J. Baker, Redshirt Sophomore (3.734) - Biology
  7. Nick Floyd, Sophomore (3.591) - Business Administration
  8. Trent Theisen, Sophomore (3.589) - Education

Ball State had eight of its members named to the Baseball Academic All-MAC team. The Mid-American Conference league offices announced the team on Friday. 

In order to make the list, a student-athlete must maintain a 3.20 cumulative GPA and have participated in 50 percent of the contests.

RELATED: Stayton earns back-to-back Academic All-American honors

The list of Cardinals who qualified include seniors Caleb Stayton, BJ Butler Matt Eppers and Sean Kennedy. Colin Brockhouse was the only junior to make the list and sophomores T.J. Baker, Nick Floyd and Trent Theisen rounded up the remainder of the selections. 

As a team, Ball State's eight player selections was tied for the fourth in the conference with Miami University with the most athletes named to the list. Kent State led with 11, Eastern Michigan had 10 and Toledo had nine.