Ball State student allegedly raped in dorm room

A former Ball State student is behind bars after he allegedly raped a female student while she was intoxicated, according to the probable cause affidavit. 

Brandon Williams, 24, is preliminarily charged with one count of rape after a female student told police that he raped her in her dorm room after she had been drinking at a party. 

The female student was attending a party at 1018 W. Rex St and told Ball State University Police that she had drank a fifth of vodka. When she was ready to leave, she called Williams and asked him to walk her home. 

Once the female student and Williams were back at her dorm room, Williams helped her into her lofted bed. The next memory that the student has is "being completely naked" and Williams having sex with her. 

The student told police that the next thing she remembered was Williams walking out of her room. When the student woke up the next morning, she found an empty condom wrapper on her bed. 

Williams and the female student were friends and Williams was believed to live in Kinghorn Hall, according to the affidavit. 

“Student safety has been and will continue to be the highest priority at Ball State University. This incident was taken seriously and we are thankful for the efforts of University Police to protect our campus community," university spokesperson Kathy Wolf said in a statement. "We are committed to a campus culture of ‘If you see something, say something’ and will continue promoting that philosophy.”

Williams was booked into the Delaware County Jail but was released after posting bond.