Two Ball State track & field athletes named First Team All-MAC

Freshman Regan Lewis clears the bar in the high jump at the Ball State Challenge at the Briner Sports Complex on Saturday, April 16, 2016. DN PHOTO ALLYE CLAYTON

After their first place finishes in last week's Mid-American Conference Outdoor Track & Field Championships, sophomores Regan Lewis and Peyton Stewart were named to the All-MAC First Team.

Lewis secured a spot in the high jump during the NCAA Preliminary Regional in Lexington, Kentucky on May 26, after her performance in the conference tournament.

Her 1.82m high jump was not only best in the MAC, but it was the second-best jump in program history and a personal best for Lewis. She is also only the fourth MAC high jump champion in Ball State track and field history.

Last season, at the 2016 MAC Outdoor Championships, Lewis placed third in the high jump and finished as a Second Team All-MAC honoree in the indoor season.

Stewart, who also took home an individual title at the MAC Outdoor Championships, ran an 11.55 second 100m dash en route to her career-best performance.

She now holds the 10th all-time program title in the 100m dash after becoming the first outdoor individual champion since 2012.

According to ballstatesports.com, Lewis' time ranks 53rd on the NCAA Division l East Preliminary Round Qualifying list. She still has a chance to qualify for the meet, with the top 48 declared student-athletes being accepted.