WOMEN'S BASKETBALL: Ball State suffers double-digit loss at Northern Illinois

Cards fall to 2-10 on the road this season

The road woes continued for the Ball State women's basketball team as it fell on the road to Northern Illinois on Thursday night, 58-44.

Ball State shot just 2-of-15 from three-point range, its second lowest total of the season.

"When we're struggling to score we obviously need to take some shots that are a lot closer to the bucket," coach Kelly Packard said. "One of our focuses tonight was to go to [SuzzaneGrossnickle and to go to Amber Crago, and I felt like because that was a focus, we actually forced the ball inside too often which accounted for some of those turnovers."

At halftime, Ball State was down by 15 at halftime, as they shot just 24 percent in the game's first half.

The leading scorer and rebounder for the Cardinals was Brandy Woody with 13 points to go along with nine boards.

With the loss, the Cardinals fall to 2-10 away from Worthen Arena this season.

Despite all the losses, Packard said the team is still showing determination and perseverance. 

"I'm still proud of the way this team is battling," Packard said. "I felt like we battled. I felt like we had multiple people that got on the floor after loose balls. We were behind in the rebounding category significantly at the half and ended up tightening that up by the end of the game to the point where we only got out-rebounded by two. I just think we need to continually shoot the ball a lot at practice and see it go through the net often."

Ball State's next contest is Sunday at home against Central Michigan at 2 p.m.

For more women's basketball coverage, follow @Matt_D_McKinney on Twitter.