Ball State’s campus can be tricky to navigate, and a parking mistake can be costly. This writer’s first parking ticket on campus was $100. That’s why you need to make sure that you get it right the first time.
If you live in a residence hall, you may purchase a stadium permit. This lets you park at the football stadium and baseball overflow lot. Stadium permits are sold on an academic-year basis. You may not purchase them by the semester.
You may park in:
Schuemann Stadium lot – west of G14/C7
baseball and overflow lots – west side of Tillotson Avenue and down Bethel Avenue
Anthony Administration Building lots – west side of Oakwood Avenue, just north of the little league fields
Parking on Weekends:
Most parking lots are available to park in for free starting on Fridays at 5 p.m. After that you should be in the clear to park, but make sure to check signs and be sure. There are places on campus where parking is enforced until 7 p.m. on Friday.
Metered parking is paid, hourly parking. You can find it both in parking garages as well as surface lots like the one between AJ and TC. The meters accept cards and cash, but if you bring cash keep in mind the meter will ONLY except $1 and $5 bills. There is also no overnight parking under any circumstances (3:30 a.m.-7 a.m.).
Metered lots are usually free after 7 p.m. but make sure you check signs before assuming.
Broken Parking Meter? If a parking meter is broken: don’t panic. Call Ball State Parking Services at 765-285-1208 or 765-285-1111.
Hours 1-3 - $1
Hours 4-6 - $0.50
Hours 7-8 - $0.25
*Maximum daily rate is $5
• New York (R6): Metered parking is on the bottom floor and the pay station is at the west entrance in the east stairwell.
• McKinley Avenue (R7): Metered parking is on the bottom floor and a pay station is located on each pedestrian exit.
• Student Center (R8): Metered parking is located on the bottom floor and the ONE and ONLY pay station is located at the pedestrian exit.
Surface lots are parking lots located outside of or close to highly trafficked buildings. Pay stations are located in the following lots:
• Teachers College and Arts & Journalism: 1 hour = $1 (Max time allowed)
• Robert Bell Building: 1 hour = $1; 2 hours = $2 (Max time allowed)
• Lucina Hall: 1 hour = $1; 2 hours = $2, 3 hours = $3. (Max time allowed)