Do you need food for the holidays?

Fill your pantry with free groceries from Cardinal Kitchen

From purchasing gifts for loved ones to paying extra winter bills, we want your winter break to be stress-free. If you or someone you know are struggling with supplying food for your household, Cardinal Kitchen is here to relieve your worries.

Cardinal Kitchen is a student-run food pantry service that is free to all students and faculty. We help fight food insecurity in the Ball State community and act as a resource for Ball State University students during the school year. We serve as a judgement-free zone for students to get their necessities. Whether you have dependents, roommates, or it’s just yourself and you’re struggling with obtaining food, you are welcome to come to Cardinal Kitchen.

At Cardinal Kitchen we offer a wide variety of foods such as peanut butter, granola/breakfast bars, cereal/oatmeal, juice, fresh fruit & vegetables, ramen noodles, nuts, pasta, bread, canned foods and more. We offer toiletries such as shampoo/conditioner, soap, deodorant, toilet paper, menstrual products, Kleenex, toothbrush/toothpaste, floss, laundry detergent and more.

Because of the holidays in December, we will not be holding our regular opening hours for Cardinal Kitchen. Instead, we will offer emergency openings to students. Feel free to call or email us and we will work to the best of our ability to accommodate you. Cardinal Kitchen is already in your backyard as we are in the lower level of L.A. Pittenger Student Center in Room L-27 at Ball State University. All you need to bring is your Ball State ID.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter at Ball State Cardinal Kitchen. If you have questions or concerns, give us a call at (765)285-2621, or email us at cardkitch@bsu.edu

If you have extra items in your pantry that you want to get rid of, we graciously accept donations

that can be dropped off in the Multicultural Center or the Office of Student Life.