Are you looking for a University Core Curriculum experience that is both distinctive and transformative? The Virginia B. Ball Center for Creative Inquiry is looking for hard-working, smart and talented individuals to participate in a vigorous collaborative experience where students can participate in open inquiry, creative investigations, collaborative research, innovative problem solving and active learning outside the confines of the conventional classroom.
This spring semester, the seminar will be focused on Storytelling Across Cultures and Disciplines. This is a chance for students to explore how the art of storytelling influences our relationships, shapes our understanding and determines how we learn. Together, students and faculty will tackle issues of race, power and representation in a respectful and diverse discussion-based atmosphere.
The Virginia B. Ball Center
Founded in 2000, The Virginia B. Ball Center has played a key role in both the Ball State and Muncie communities, allowing connections to the arts, humanities, science and technology to create a community-presented product that illustrates both collaborative research and interdisciplinary study. Through this, students can gain real-world experience and knowledge of their workplace strengths.
Throughout the years and through a wide range of creative projects, the Virginia Ball Center has managed to win a large variety of prestigious awards and recognitions. These include:
- 10 International Aurora awards
- Eight Emmy awards (with 33 nominations)
- Three Society of Professional Journalists awards
- Two American Society of Landscapes Architects honors
- 16+ Other awards - including those from the Broadcast Education Association, the Association for Education in Journalism & Mass Communication, and a commendation from the American Association for State and Local History - and counting
Who Can Join?
- Open to ALL majors
- Satisfies a Tier 2 University Core Requirement
- Priority registration begins Nov. 1
- Interested students should sign up for one of these CR courses: EDMU 205, COMM 290, or CFA 101 on M-W-F at 11 a.m.