Homecoming Week at Ball State

Come join us and celebrate the festivities!

On Saturday, October 23, 2021, Ball State University will celebrate 95 years of Homecoming! With this in mind, The Ball State Alumni Association and Homecoming Steering Committee have come together to plan a week-long schedule of events and activities to celebrate the occasion.

Homecoming Events
Ball State’s own Homecoming Steering Committee has planned a large variety of events for you to choose from.

Homecoming Village – Food Truck Festival – 6:00 p.m. – On the corner of Martin & Ashland in The Village.

To kick off the week on the 18th, the University will be hosting the Homecoming Village – Food Truck Festival, which is a time for you to try a taste of Muncie and enjoy the provided entertainment. 

Talent Search – 7:30 p.m. – Pruis Hall

Next, on the 19th is Ball State’s Talent Search. Watch some of Ball State’s most talented students compete for scholarship winnings!

Blood Drive – 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Pruis Hall

Following that on the 20th, Versiti will be hosting a Blood Drive at Pruis Hall, with free tots from Roots for donating.

Campus Dinner – 5:30 p.m. 

The same day, Woodworth Dining Hall will be celebrating Homecoming Week with a specially themed dinner.

Air Jam – 7:30 p.m. – Emens Auditorium

On the 21st, Ball State hosts its 34th Air Jam, the most popular Homecoming event! Come and watch our student organizations dance and compete in this energetic lip-sync competition.

Bed Race – 12:00 p.m. – Riverside Avenue

Then on the 22nd, the 42nd annual Bed Race will take place! Show up and cheer for your favorite team to win the 100-yard course.

Chase Charlie 5k – 9:45 a.m. – City Hall & through campus

Next door to the Bed Races on the 23rd is the Chase Charlie 5k Run/Walk. Enjoy the atmosphere as you run alongside the parade route and end at Emens Auditorium.

Homecoming Day

Finally, also on the 23rd, the Homecoming Parade takes place, with the Homecoming Football Game occurring later in the afternoon.

What is the Homecoming Steering Committee?

The Homecoming Steering Committee is an organization comprised of both students and advisors who help to plan events and activities for Homecoming week, and also works in collaboration with the Alumni Association to create events that not only incorporate students, faculty, staff and alumni, but also the Muncie community. The organization is made up of individual chairs, each corresponding to a different Homecoming-related event.

Show your support!

We would love for all Cardinals to come out and show their support for homecoming week! For more information about the events, visit our website.