Hunger Action Month at Ball State

Month-long campaign to stop college food insecurity

September is Hunger Action Month, which is a month-long campaign bringing awareness to food insecurity. On a college campus, it can be difficult to spot food insecurity. Food insecurity might be as simple as skipping a meal, or having to choose between buying something to eat or buying a college textbook. Cardinal Kitchen is a safe place for students to come and get necessities. Cardinal Kitchen is one of the ways that Ball State students are helping combat uncertainty on campus. 

Cardinal Kitchen is taking action by providing non-perishable food items including: canned fruits and vegetables, ramen, pasta along with pasta sauce, and offering fresh fruits and vegetables while supplies last and personal care items. For the entire list of available items click here

Want to help? You can give back to the Ball State community by donating time and non-perishable food items to Cardinal Kitchen. For information about how to volunteer or donate, contact us at cardkitch@bsu.edu. 

Cardinal Kitchen is located in the L.A. Pittenger Student Center, Room L-26 (in the basement!) and is open from 5-8 p.m. on the last three Tuesdays of each month.

To keep up with out events and offerings, follow us on Twitter and Facebook.