Ball State’s First Spring Homecoming is Upon Us!

Calling all Cardinals; get ready to show your Ball State pride! Join us in celebrating the first-ever Spring Homecoming from April 26 - May 1, 2021. There is something for everyone this year, from virtual engagement celebrations to scholarships and spirit contents!

Spring Homecoming week is the perfect way to celebrate Ball State. To limit the spread of COVID-19, there will be no spectators at this year’s events, but you can still stream our Homecoming celebrations virtually!

Spring 2021 Homecoming Events:

Homecoming Kickoff – April 26, 7 p.m., on Zoom

Get hype for Homecoming week with other Ball State Cardinals at the Homecoming Kickoff! Join the Homecoming Steering Committee, President Geoffrey S. Mearns, Alumni Council Chair Kelli Lawrence, and get pumped with our athletic spirit groups. RSVP to the Homecoming Kickoff here.

Student Scholarship Talent Search – April 27, 7 p.m., on YouTube

The annual Student Scholarship Talent Search, which began in 1967, is a fabulous opportunity to showcase some of Ball State’s finest talent for the University and the community. Tune in on the Ball State Homecoming YouTube page to watch the show live!

Virtual Alumni Panel, Feedback From Our Most Engaged Alumni – April 28, 4 p.m., on Zoom

Hear feedback from our most engaged alumni volunteers and current donors as they discuss their involvement with Ball State. Panelists will speak to their career path, why they give back, and how they stay connected and involved. A question and answer period will conclude the event. RSVP to the Virtual Alumni Panel here.

Alumni Chapter Night – April 28, 7 p.m., on Zoom

Tune in to this event to learn more about our Ball State alumni and all the things they do for our University. This event will be hosted by all four Alumni Association chapters and include a Town Hall with President Mearns, student showcase with musical performances, and a panel of leaders from alumni chapters. RSVP to the Alumni Chapter Night here.

Air Jam – April 29, 7 p.m., on YouTube

As a Ball State Homecoming staple since 1987, it is tradition to watch your favorite student organization compete in the annual competition. Judges will award points to groups that build Ball State pride and Cardinal spirit, along with creativity and ability.

Bed Race – April 30, 12 p.m., University Track at the Briner Sports Complex

One of Ball State’s most famous events is back and better than ever! Each Bed Race team will consist of four people competing against the clock on a 100-yard course to see who’s the fastest. If you’re interested in participating on a Bed Race team, your team can submit an entry form here until April 28.

Cards in the Yard Decorating Contest – April 26 – May 1

Throughout Homecoming week, show your Cardinal pride by decorating your room, office, business/department, and lawn. You can submit your décor to one of the many categories including campus department, Greek organization lawn, home office, student house lawn, and residence hall room. Register using this form before April 25 to be included in the contest.

While we can’t all be together this Homecoming, we can still celebrate as Cardinals through our school spirit. For more information on Spring Homecoming and the events you can participate in, visit the Spring Homecoming page.