We all know that donating blood can save a life, but we’ll tell you why it’s faster than getting your morning coffee. 

Statistically:

• One donation of blood can attribute to saving the lives of three people
  • Someone needs blood about every two seconds
  • 1 in 7 people who enter a hospital will need blood

How can you make a difference? Follow the steps below:

Donating Blood is Easy!

Find your donation site. You can be the difference for someone and their family, and we’re bringing the opportunity to you! The HumanKind is this month’s American Red Cross Blood Drive on October 23rd from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. in Pruis Hall.

Make Your Appointment. Click here and enter sponsor code “ballstate” to schedule your appointment now!

Prepare!  It is crucial to eat plenty of food and stay hydrated!

Register. Sign in at the blood drive. You’ll need to show identification, such as a driver’s license.

Get a Mini Physical. You will be asked to review medical questions in a private and confidential interview. Red Cross staff will take your pulse, weight, blood pressure, temperature, and hemoglobin levels.

Donate. A whole blood donation takes about 8-10 minutes, during which you’ll be seated comfortably or lying down.

Relax. After donating, you will enjoy snacks and refreshments and rest for about 10-15 minutes. Afterward, you can continue with your day knowing that you made and difference and saved a life!

The American Red Cross would like to thank the McKinley Avenue Agency and Ball State for their help and participation. Donors will get a free Humankind t-shirt while supplies last! For more information about the blood donation process, visit the American Red Cross’ website