Roost Housing Guide
If you’re looking for a quiet place to live off-campus that’s affordable, comfortable, and still close to Ball State, look no further.
Our two communities—Anthony and Scheidler—accommodate upper-level students, students with families, and Ball State faculty members. These apartments are connected to the university but offer independence, a family-like atmosphere, and a safe environment. They are located on the Northside of campus, giving residents the ease of campus being in walking distance or access to the campus shuttles.
Scheidler floor plans include one, two, and three-bedroom layouts and Anthony offers one- and two-bedroom layouts. Unlike many apartment complexes, at Scheidler and Anthony Apartments utilities such as electricity, heat, air conditioning, water, sewage, trash removal and internet are all included in your rent!
• Air conditioning – provided in both Anthony Apartments and Scheidler apartments with some exception dependent on Scheidler unit type.
• Community room – includes a widescreen TV, VCR, stereo sound system, kitchen, and movable furniture, available for residents at no charge.
• Computer lab – computers, printer, and scanner available in the community building for all residents
• Laundry facilities – low-cost washers and dryers operated by credit card (through an app) or coins
• Maintenance – routine maintenance and repairs provided by our own personnel
• Parking – lots for residents and visitors conveniently located close to the units
• Pets – for an additional fee and residents must follow the University Apartment Pet Policy
• Programs – social and educational activities organized to build a sense of community and connection
• Recreation areas – available for adults and children, including a sand volleyball pit and playgrounds
• Storage cubicles – provided for Scheidler residents
Students who have lived in the Ball State Residence Halls for two consecutive years (4 semesters not including summer) are eligible for the University Apartments PLUS Plan. This plan gives residents the following perks at no additional charge.
Free Commuter Parking Pass ($90 value) This value will be added to your Bursar account upon proof of purchase.
Dining Plus - $250/semester (Two credits applied to your account, once for each fall and spring semesters, excludes summer term).
Plan Cost: Absolutely nothing extra! There are no additional contract charges for these benefits. We want to provide upper-class students with the opportunity to be independent while maximizing their on-campus housing value.
PLUS Contract-holders must fulfill their contract obligation in order to receive the perks.
* The University Apartments PLUS opportunity is available to new residents only and is a one-year continuous contract and cannot be extended if a student leaves for an academic program, such as student teaching or study abroad.
Apply or Take a Tour
Ready to say yes to University Apartments? We’ve made the application process simple. Apply online, then plan to contact our office to schedule a tour of our show apartment! Visit: bsu.edu/housing/apply