You’ve decided to stay in Muncie for the summer and you’re running out of things to do. Whether you’re looking for a fun spot to sit and enjoy the sun or events to fill your weekends, look no further than Minnetrista! 

Did you know that Minnetrista means a “gathering place by the water”? The name stays alive through our programming, workshops, and exhibits, creating a gathering place for all. We are a part of the legacy of the Ball family and we want to invite you into the history and charm of Muncie.

The summer is the perfect opportunity to explore all that Minnetrista has to offer! We’ve decided to highlight a few of the exciting events and coming up, but you can find a complete list of all things to do at Minnetrista here

Outdoor Farmers Market at Minnetrista: Come shop local produce, plants and homemade goods at the Farmers Market. Begin your Saturday mornings in the sun with delicious treats and great company!

Time: Saturdays- 8 a.m. - Noon

Location: Orchard Shop parking lot and patio

Nature Area & Oakhurst Gardens: Walk through our gardens and Natural area to relax and unwind.

Time: Mon.-Sat., 8 a.m.- 8 p.m. and Sun., 8 a.m.- 5:30 p.m.

Location: Across St. Joseph St. from the Orchard Shop 

Faeries, Sprites, & Lights: Imagine and play in a magical faerie wonderland! Enter Minnetrista’s enchanted Oakhurst Gardens and experience crafts, music, dancing, and much more. 

Time: July 25-27; 5-9 p.m.

Location: Minnetrista

At Minnetrista, we treasure shared experiences. From our founders to our visitors, from our employees to our community partners and supporters, we champion the power of growing together. We create experiences that reflect the organization yet anticipate the needs and exceed the expectations of our ever-changing audience. Following in our founders’ footsteps, we care for, preserve and protect that with which we have been entrusted so that those who follow us can continue the legacy. Minnetrista will continue to be a strong and sustainable asset that supports economic development for our community.

We hope that you’ll spend your summer with us! Learn more about us on our website or Facebook page