Ball State women's basketball: Monaco named MAC West Player of the Week after Purdue victory

<p>Missouri sophmore, Shameka Ealy, watches senior forward Moriah Monaco attempt a 3-pointer on Nov. 13 in John E. Worthen Arena. Monaco led the team with 21 points. <strong>Andrea Cooper, DN</strong></p>

Missouri sophmore, Shameka Ealy, watches senior forward Moriah Monaco attempt a 3-pointer on Nov. 13 in John E. Worthen Arena. Monaco led the team with 21 points. Andrea Cooper, DN

After a 23-point performance against Butler and a game-high 18-point performance against Purdue, Ball State senior forward Moriah Monaco was named Mid-American Conference West Division Player of the Week on Tuesday morning.

Monaco was 8-for-18 from the field against Purdue, including going 3-for-5 from beyond the arc and hitting a late triple to help seal a 66-60 victory over the Boilermakers on Monday evening.

The win was Ball State's first over Purdue since 1979.

The senior forward also hit her first four shots from the field against Butler and recorded her only double-double of the season against Purdue by grabbing a team-high 11 rebounds.

The Cardinals stand at 7-0 on the season, one of 15 unbeaten teams in the country and are the only unbeaten team in the MAC.

Ball State returns to Muncie to host Southeast Missouri State on Thursday at Worthen Arena at 7 p.m.