Grammy Award-winner, alumna to perform with Burris student orchestra and choir

Anglelin Chang holds her 2007 Grammy Award for her recording of Oliver Messiaen's "Oiseaux Exotiques" with the Cleveland Chamber Symphony. Chang will perform at 2 p.m. Dec. 9 in Emens Auditorium. Ball State, Photo Provided.

Emens Auditorium announced today that Ball State graduate and Grammy Award-winning pianist Angelin Chang will perform as a part of the Centennial Celebration at 2 p.m. Dec. 9. 

The event was sponsored by Teachers College, and the Burris student orchestra and choir will join Chang as a part of Burris’ Weekend Celebration. 

Chang was the first American female and first pianist of Asian heritage to be awarded a Grammy Award for Best Instrumental Soloist with Orchestra in 2007. 

In the beginning of her career, Chang was also the first artist-in-residence at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C., where she was able to take part in the development of the Performing the Arts for Everyone initiative.

The show is free and open to the public, and tickets are not necessary to attend.