Every Ball State student knows that late nights in the Village are a frequent occurrence. After a long day spent being productive, dancing and socializing can take a toll on anybody, and it’s easy to become really hungry. But, getting hungry can quickly ruin your night- especially when you’re struggling to find a quick and close food option. Having to call an Uber to take you somewhere can be a hassle, especially if you’re not ready for the night to end. 

Thankfully, there’s a new food option for you that’s quick, easy, convenient, and delicious. Chava’s Mexican Grill is the newest addition to the village and is here to save you from the late night munchies. 

With late night hours seven days a week, Chava’s is able to serve an abundance of students. Whether you’re craving Mexican food during a late night study session, out with friends in the Village, or just in the mood for a burrito - Chava’s will be able to provide for your late night cravings. 

But it’s not just the late night hours that attract people to Chavas, the food is also a point of pride for the restaurant that keeps customers coming back for more. Chava’s offers popular items including tacos, chimichangas, nachos, quesadillas, and burritos. 

The possibilities of your creations are endless. Options include: pastor (Mexican pork), grilled chicken, pulled pork, shredded beef, grilled steak, seasoned ground beef, chorizo (Mexican sausage), and vegetarian options. You’ll never get tired of trying new, flavorful, combinations. 

The best part is that you get to choose your own toppings. Chava’s is similar to other quick-service Mexican chain restaurants, in the sense that you’re able to request your own toppings as a friendly worker prepares your meal in front of you. 

Chavas has great service and food, all for a great value. Despite Chava’s opening just last fall, customers are already hooked. The verdict is in: Chava’s is a great place to grab a bite to eat.

Don’t just take our word for it, Chava’s customers took to Twitter to share their reviews: 

@Rayymerr: PSA TO ALL BSU STUDENTS: The new taco place (Chavas) in the village is absolute [fire] and I highly recommend you try it ASAP

@JacobWaad: The new Chavas  in the village is FLAME and I’ve eaten it the last two days.

The next time you’re looking for a place to eat, do yourself a favor and treat yourself to Chava’s. Chavas is located in the Village near Ball State University: 1801 W University Ave., Muncie. You can call us at (765) 284-5417.

Hours:  Sunday: 11–12 a.m.; Monday: 11–3 a.m.; Tuesday: 11–3 a.m.; Wednesday: 11–3 a.m.; Thursday: 11–4 a.m.; Friday: 11–4 a.m.; Saturday: 11–4 a.m.