Two arrested after fight, shots fired in Muncie

<p><strong>Mara Semon, Unified Meida</strong></p>

Mara Semon, Unified Meida

In less than a hour, emergency dispatchers received calls on a fight and shots fired in the same area early Friday morning.

Delaware County Emergency dispatch received a call about a fight in progress in the area of East Jackson and South Ohio streets around 12:03 a.m. 

Police were called again to the same area at 12:58 a.m. on reports of shots fired. 

A probable cause affidavit stated a male told officers that he and Di Morriea Di Ante Eu Shaun Turner had an altercation earlier in the night.The male also told police Turner said he was going to kill him. 

A witness told police shots were fired at a house in the 200 block of South Ohio Street. Police located shell casings and a wallet with Turner’s ID inside near the house. 

Turner, 18, was located by police in the 20 block of South Drive. Police also located a handgun inside the residence. 

Turner was booked into the Delaware County Jail and preliminary charged with criminal recklessness armed with a deadly weapon. 

In a probable cause affidavit, police stated several people, including Turner, refused to give statements to investigators and “refused to cooperate.”

Police also arrested Joshua Morris, 37, of the 200 block of South Ohio Street, on three warrants issued by Muncie City Court. 

Contact Andrew Smith with comments at ajsmith15@bsu.edu or on Twitter at @AndrewSmithNews.