Windy and warm end to the week

Photo Provided by the NewsLink Indiana Weather Team

Tonight: Hope you had the chance to enjoy the warm weather today! The warmth will last throughout the night, with lows only dropping to around 50 degrees. Clouds will also cover the area, as a weather system passes to our north. An isolated shower could pass through our area, but most of the rain associated with this system should remain to our north. 

Tomorrow: If you missed the warmth today, there's much more on the way tomorrow! However, the wind will be the big story, as winds could occasionally gust over 40 miles per hour. This combination of warm weather and gusty winds is expected to continue through the end of the work week. 

Weekend Forecast: The warm and dry weather will not last into the weekend, unfortunately. Multiple chances for thunderstorms arrives on Saturday, especially early in the day and into Sunday. Showers will linger into Sunday, with much colder air filtering into the area. Not the best weekend for any Spring cleaning plans. 

7-Day Forecast: The extended forecast looks much more Spring-like. The rain and thunderstorms over the weekend will be replaced by cold and the potential for rain and snow showers on Monday. High temperatures will struggle to get out of the 30s to start next week. However, we see a nice rebound in temperatures by midweek, with the return of some scattered showers on Wednesday.

---Weather Forecaster Nathan Gidley

For more updates be sure to follow us on Twitter @NLIWeather.

NewsLink Indiana is a proud Ambassador for the NOAA Weather-Ready Nation program.