Sean Sellers, Kyle Mallers named to Academic All-MAC team

<p>Sophomore forward Kyle Mallers jumps up for a layup while being grabbed by a Kent State opponent Feb. 9 at John E. Worthen Arena. Ball State won the game 87-68. <strong>Stephanie Amador, DN</strong></p>

Sophomore forward Kyle Mallers jumps up for a layup while being grabbed by a Kent State opponent Feb. 9 at John E. Worthen Arena. Ball State won the game 87-68. Stephanie Amador, DN

The Mid-American Conference released the names of 13 student-athletes named to the Men’s Basketball Academic All-MAC team. This included senior Sean Sellers and sophomore Kyle Mallers, representing Ball State.

Sellers holds a 3.666 GPA in the Secondary Education graduate program and a 3.635 GPA in the Sports Administration undergraduate program. Mallers holds a 3.748 GPA in the Business Administration undergraduate program. Mallers also holds the third-highest GPA on the academic team as well.

This is not the first time Sellers had been named to the academic All-MAC team as he was named to the team in 2016 and 2017, along with being selected as a MAC Distinguished Scholar Athlete. Mallers and Sellers also join the likes of women’s basketball's Carmen Grande and Jasmin Samz, who were named to the Women’s Basketball Academic All-MAC team on Sunday.

Contact Jack Williams at jgwilliams@bsu.edu or on Twitter @JackWilliamsBSU.