Join the women of Alpha Omicron Pi for their annual philanthropy event, Strike Out for Arthritis, on March 24.

Strike Out for Arthritis is a dodgeball tournament put on in order to raise money and awareness for the Arthritis Foundation and Juvenile Arthritis. This year, the women are raising money in honor of Maddy Penkal, a New Castle teenager suffering from Juvenile Arthritis.

“The children who are affected by juvenile arthritis don’t get to be kids. They suffer from debilitating pain and spend weeks at a time bedridden. Strike Out Arthritis is so important because we give care packages and AOII love to children who have lost the ability to live the carefree life they all deserve,” said Melissa England, member of Alpha Omicron Pi.

The dodgeball tournament will take place in the Ball State Field and Sports gym. Sign-in is from 2:30 to 3 p.m.

Students are encouraged to make teams of six or seven members to compete in the tournament. Cost for teams registered by March 21 will be $60 for teams of six and $70 for teams of 7. Late registrations will be $72 and $84 respectively. 

During check in, team members will need to bring a form of ID.

Sign up forms can be found here and given to any woman of Alpha Omicron Pi or directly emailed to Emma Clark at kappakappainternphilantrhopy@gmail.com once filled out.

T-shirts are also available to order at the tournament. 

Please come out to support the Greek community and the Arthritis Foundation!