Former Ball State football player arrested for operating while intoxicated

<p><strong>Delaware County Sheriff's Officer, Photo Provided&nbsp;</strong></p>

Delaware County Sheriff's Officer, Photo Provided 

UPDATE: 

Wednesday Gilliland was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated: endangering a person and operating a vehicle with alcohol concentration equivalent to .15 or more in Muncie City Court.

The charge of operating while intoxicated with a previous conviction was not included in the updated court case documents.

A court date for Gilliland has not yet been set. 

Gilliland was released from the Delaware County Jail Friday after posting bail.

EARLIER:

A former Ball State football player was arrested early Friday morning after police determined he was driving under the influence of alcohol. 

Gregory Gilliland, 21, was preliminarily charged with operating while intoxicated with a previous conviction and operating while intoxicated with a .15 BAC or greater and was booked into the Delaware County Jail. 

A Ball State University Police officer was called to assist another officer at the scene shortly before 4 a.m. Friday in the 2000 block of W. Petty Road. 

The officer said in a probable cause affidavit Gilliland failed all three field sobriety tests and had a .167 BAC.

According to Ball State Sports, Gilliland was a redshirt sophomore and long snapper during the fall 2017 season. Gilliland isn't on the spring 2018 season roster. 

Senior media strategist Marc Ransford said in an email that Gilliland is no longer on the football team. 

Contact Andrew Smith with comments at ajsmith15@bsu.edu or on Twitter at @AndrewSmithNews.