Muncie police arrest student after off-campus rape

<p><strong>Delaware County Sheriff's Office, Photo Provided&nbsp;</strong></p>

Delaware County Sheriff's Office, Photo Provided 

Muncie Police Department arrested a man Sunday evening after he raped a woman in his apartment at The Haven.

MPD arrested Ball State student Ianne Sierra, 19, and preliminarily charged him with rape, a Level 3 felony, after receiving a phone call from University Police Department Sunday morning saying a student was raped at an apartment complex in Muncie.  

Sierra told police when he was leaving a party Saturday night, the survivor — who Sierra said he's known since the beginning of the school year — asked to stay at his place because she was fighting with her roommate. 

Sierra and his friends went to pick up the survivor and went back to his apartment. Sierra told police that he had more drinks than usual and was intoxicated. 

The survivor told police she repeatedly told Sierra "no" and tried to push him away, but he continued anyway. 

According to the probable cause affidavit, Sierra was "so intoxicated he was helped to his apartment by his friend," and once inside, his roommates had to help him to bed. 

In a statement given to police, Sierra said it was consensual. However, according to the probable cause affidavit, before taking a computer stress voice analyzer (CSVA) test, Sierra told an investigator the survivor told him "no" five times.  

He was released from the Delaware County Jail after posting bond Sunday night.

Contact Andrew Smith with comments at ajsmith15@bsu.edu or on Twitter at @AndrewSmithNews.