It feels like Spring but it wont last long

Today:  

Today will be the best day out of the whole week. Temperatures today will finally climb above average with a high of 52 degrees. Winds will be slowly increasing from the NE to 20-25 mph with a cold front passing through. If you have any outside activities or just want to go outside and enjoy the weather today would be the day to it. 

Tonight:

Clouds will begin to build in with rain moving in central Indiana into the overnight hours. A stray shower or snow shower will be possible depending on where the cold sets up tonight.

Tomorrow:

For the first day of the spring Indiana pulls us back into winter with snow and rain chances increasing throughout the day. Accumulation will be possible if not likely during the afternoon and overnight hours tomorrow.

7 Day Forecast:

Snow sticks around for the morning on Wednesday. When the snow is all said and done accumulations will range from .5-2 inches. The further east you are the more likely you will have higher snowfall totals. The sun comes back out on Thursday warming us into the lower 40’s. Friday we warm up closer to average however we will fall short of the average high of 52 degrees. Rain chances increase quickly heading into Saturday and expect the rain to be close to an all-day event. If you have any spring cleaning to do Saturday will be the day to do it. We will end the week of with cold temperatures with cloudy skies. 

--Weather Forecaster Jordan Nienaber

For more updates be sure to follow us on Twitter @NLIWeather.

NewsLink Indiana is a proud Ambassador for the NOAA Weather-Ready Nation program.