Weekend wintry mess

Photo Provided by the NewsLink Indiana Weather Team

Tonight: Scattered snow showers will pass through the area overnight, with a low of 29°.  These should not have a big impact for your Saturday morning commute, but a few slick spots are possible in the morning. 

Weekend forecast: Saturday will feature scattered snow showers and freezing rain.  Slow down and be careful when encountering any wintry precipitation.  The chances for a wintry mix will come to an end by the evening. Saturday's high temperature will hover right around 33°.  Sunday features a much better chance at widespread wintry weather.  Snow looks to be more likely in the morning, before transitioning to a mix of ice and sleet. Less than one inch of snow and light ice accumulations are possible.  Stay tuned, because even a slight change in the track of this system could change snow and ice totals dramatically.

7-Day Forecast: The extended forecast shows clearing conditions to start the week.  A big warmup is in store by the middle to late part of the week, before temperatures return to near normal on Friday.  A slight chance of rain is possible Thursday as a cold front passes through the area.  Low temperatures will also rise into the 40s ahead of the cold front.

Stay tuned to NewsLink Indiana for the latest regarding this weekend's wintry weather.  Have a great weekend! 

---Weather Forecaster Nathan Gidley

Follow us on Twitter @NLIWeather

NewsLink Indiana is a proud Ambassador for the NOAA Weather-Ready Nation program.