Emens Auditorium to host Travis Tritt concert

<p>&nbsp;Travis Tritt will perform at 7 p.m. Feb. 18 in Emens Auditorium as apart of his “A Man and His Guitar” 2018 tour. Tritt is one of 35 nationally touring artists that have performed on campus throughout the 2017-18 school year. <strong>Ball State University, Photo Courtesy</strong></p>

Travis Tritt will perform at 7 p.m. Feb. 18 in Emens Auditorium as apart of his “A Man and His Guitar” 2018 tour. Tritt is one of 35 nationally touring artists that have performed on campus throughout the 2017-18 school year. Ball State University, Photo Courtesy

Looking to purchase tickets?

• Tickets can be bought online or by calling (765) 285-1539
  • Tickets cost between $30 and $49.50

Award winning country artist, Travis Tritt, will perform at 7 p.m. Feb. 18 in Emens Auditorium as a part of his “A Man and His Guitar” 2018 tour. 

Tritt is one of 35 nationally touring artists that have performed on campus throughout the 2017-18 school year, and more than 1,874 tickets have already sold for his concert. 

According to Tritt’s website, he started in the industry more than 27 years ago when he signed with Warner Bros. in 1989. 

To date, Tritt has accumulated $25 million in sales for seven albums certified platinum or higher, two Grammy Awards and three CMA Awards.

Additionally, Tritt has also performed during the 1996 Olympics, two Super Bowls, a World Series baseball game and the 2013 NCAA men’s basketball championship. 

Kristi Chambers, the assistant director of marketing and communications for Emens Auditorium, said Tritt’s concert was a promoter event, meaning that Emens was rented by Tritt instead of Ball State booking him through a booking agency. 

Chambers also said for promoter events, the promoter holds the responsibility of planning the event based around date availability, tour routing, audience demographics, cost and production needs.

“Events such as this one, provide an opportunity [for students] to experience national touring artists without ever leaving campus,” Chambers said. “Many of these performances would otherwise be unavailable to East-Central Indiana without Emens College-Community Auditorium.”

As of 2015, Tritt’s website said he “topped the SoundScan Top 200 Catalog Country Albums chart for over 60 consecutive weeks” including 15 at number 1 and more than 35 at number 5. 

Tritt’s concluding tour date is said to be on Aug. 25 in Le Roy, New York, with stops to 23 other states in between.

Contact Tier Morrow with comments at tkmorrow@bsu.edu or on Twitter at @tiermorrow