Muncie, Ind. — The Career Connections Conference is Saturday, February 10, from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the LA Pettinger Student Center. Ball State’s Career Center and business fraternity Alpha Kappa Psi are co-hosting the fourth annual iteration of this professional preparation event. 

“Experienced keynote speakers and highly engaging workshop presenters will address topics like networking and having a successful internship,” said Dean Branson, Career Center Assistant Director. “There will also be a special focus on professional image as well as elements on pursuing your dream job, online branding and financial success.”

Anthony Juliano will act as keynote speaker. He brings more than 20 years of marketing experience and will talk to students about developing a positive online presence. Additionally, he will challenge students to be leaders in their organizations, regardless of the titles or roles they may have as new employees.

For the second year in a row, Leslee Hill, President of Hill Image Consulting, will share her expertise on presenting oneself in an individualized and professional manner. Leslee is an alumna of Ball State’s Fashion Merchandising and Apparel Design program with 20 years of experience in the fashion industry.

Students are invited to sign up for a 10-minute personal image consultation with Leslee. These will take place on Monday, February 12, and Tuesday, February 13. Reservations can be made now in Cardinal Career Link.

Ball State alumni and current students will lead the event’s workshops. Alumni understand the process of transitioning from college to career and will share their insights to assist students in making smooth transitions. One event panel will also be streamed live on Facebook.

“One of the highlights of the conference this year is the student internship panel,” said Branson. “We have seven current Ball State students from a variety of academic backgrounds who will share what they have learned from their recent internship experiences.”

Career Connections Conference will feature a catered lunch and networking reception with the presenters. The event is free to all students, and participants will also receive a limited edition Ball State padfolio and pen to act as perfect accessories for a job interview.

More event information is available on the Career Center’s Facebook page, Instagram feed, and Twitter account.

#careersforcardinals

All participants are welcome. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations or who have questions about physical access may call 765-285-1522 or email careercenter@bsu.edu in advance of the program.

The Ball State University Career Center helps students integrate their education, self-awareness and experiences to empower a lifetime of career achievement and personal satisfaction, while using industry best practices and connecting students, employers, faculty and alumni in their quests to reach their career goals. For more information, please visit bsu.edu/careers.