Ball State women's swimming and diving concludes season at MAC Championships

<p>Senior Morgan Brebberman competes in the 200-yard freestyle during the meet against Buffalo Jan. 27 in Lewellen Pool. <strong>Kaiti Sullivan, DN File</strong></p>

Senior Morgan Brebberman competes in the 200-yard freestyle during the meet against Buffalo Jan. 27 in Lewellen Pool. Kaiti Sullivan, DN File

Ball State women's swimming and diving (4-7) competed in its final meet of the season at the Mid-American Conference Championships on Feb. 21-24 in Athens, Ohio. 

The Cardinals finished in eighth place with 158 points out of the 12 MAC schools that competed. 

Three-meter diving was an event that stood out for Ball State as sophomore Rachel Smallwood recorded a career-high 277.75 points, a score 41.5 points higher than her prelim score. 

In the 100-yard backstroke sophomore Anne Vormohr swam a personal-best time of 56.63 to take 12th place. Vormohr also swam a personal-best time in the 200-yard backstroke recording a 2:02.67. 

In the 1650-yard freestyle, the last individual event of the meet, sophomores Elizabeth Graham and Cassidy Blackwin turned in season-best times. Graham posted a 17:33.12 while Blackwin finished eight seconds behind Graham with a 17:41.03. 

The Cardinals finished with 30 season-best times and eight personal-best times out of 54 performances in the meet. 

Akron went on to win the meet with 827.5 points, Eastern Michigan took second place with 590.5 and Buffalo followed in third place with 573 points. 

Ball State women's swimming and diving concluded its season and will return to action next season. 

Contact Patrick Murphy with at prmurphy2@bsu.edu or on Twitter at @pmurph505