Ball State men’s swim and dive finish fourth at Butler

<p>Sophomore Spencer Ball swims the 200-yard IM during the meet against Eastern Michigan on Jan. 13 in Lewellen Pool. Ball finished first with a time of 2:02.41. Teri Lightning Jr., DN</p>

Sophomore Spencer Ball swims the 200-yard IM during the meet against Eastern Michigan on Jan. 13 in Lewellen Pool. Ball finished first with a time of 2:02.41. Teri Lightning Jr., DN

At Fishers High School, the Cardinals finished fourth out of five teams at the Butler Invitational. The Cardinals finished 10.5 points behind Mid-American Conference opponent Southern Illinois.

Top performances were turned in by sophomore Ben Andrew in the 50-yard freestyle. Andrew finished in third place, while adding 29 tenths of a second. Also in the event, freshman Drew Weeks finished in seventh place, dropping six hundredths of a second. Another top performance was Logan Ackley, who finished in fourth place, in the 200-yard backstroke.

In diving, freshman Sean Wolfe won both one-meter and three-meter diving. Junior Gabe Dean finished second in both one-meter and three-meter, only 10 points behind Wolfe in three-meter.

The Cardinals will be back in action against MAC in-state foe Evansville. The meet is slated to start at 1 p.m. on Jan. 27.