6 things to do at Cornerstone in January

<p>Cornerstone Center for the Arts is holding a variety of events to start off the new year. They will also be giving 12 week classes beginning Feb. 5. <strong>Reagan Allen, DN File</strong></p>

Cornerstone Center for the Arts is holding a variety of events to start off the new year. They will also be giving 12 week classes beginning Feb. 5. Reagan Allen, DN File

Cornerstone Center for the Arts is hosting a variety of events to start off 2018 before beginning 12-week classes Feb. 5. Here are some ways to get involved at Cornerstone this month:

The Art of Getting Crafty

This event will take place from 6-7:30 p.m. Jan. 9 at Guardian Brewing Co., in the Madjax building. Participants will learn collage techniques, look at examples of historical collage art and create their own piece of collage art. Registration, which is available to adults ages 21 and older, costs $20, and includes one drink and craft supplies. 

Bad Art Night

This free event is available to people ages 18 and up at 6 p.m. Jan. 11 in the Muncie Public Library. Bad Art Night, which encourages attendees to use a collection of art supplies to create “bad” art, is free, but a donation of $5 is suggested.

Coffee & Paints 

Coffee & Paints, a painting workshop open to fourth grade students and older, is meant to provide a relaxed environment for artists of any skill level. The event, which costs $25, will be held from 10 a.m. to noon Jan. 20 at Cornerstone. 

Kids & Paints 

Kids & Paints allows participants ages 7 and older to enjoy a painting class from 1-2 p.m. Jan. 20 at Cornerstone. Adults are allowed to observe the painting without paying the registration fee, but painters must pay $15. 

Party Like a Princess 

From 1-2:30 p.m. Jan. 20, Cornerstone will host a princess workshop with dancing, craft making and games for children ages 3 to 7. The workshop costs $15. 

Pints & Paints 

Available to adults ages 21 and up, Pints and Paints will be held at the Fickle Peach in downtown Muncie. The workshop allows attendees to spend two hours creating a unique featured painting and costs $25.