Muncie, Ind. — Cardinal Job Fair is Wednesday, February 7, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Worthen Arena. The Career Center puts on career fairs each semester, bringing employers to campus who are actively recruiting Ball State students for fulltime employment, internships and more.

“This will be one of our better fairs yet, and it will be a great opportunity for candidates to meet with company representatives from a variety of different industries to explore a host of different positions,” said James Mitchell, Career Center Associate Director of Employer Relations and Recruitment Programs.

This is the time of year when students put on their interview attire and prepare their résumés—doing everything possible to impress upon recruiters their preparation and skills that have been developed in school and beyond. Students and alumni have the opportunity to meet and greet with organization representatives from around the country that have one major thing in common—a desire to hire talent from Ball State.

If a student needs assistance prior to the fair or in a general job-search, the Career Center has that covered as well. Drop-in Career Coaching is offered from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday, in Lucina Hall 220. This is an excellent way for students to receive a second look at a résumé or to develop pitches for employers.

“We want students to feel empowered,” said David Cleveland, Career Center Communications and Publicity Coordinator. “There is more to Ball State students than some people realize, and we make sure that our students have opportunities to prepare for the many recruiters that descend on campus looking for great hires. Our students are great candidates, so we encourage them to plan ahead so they are ready to showcase themselves at the career fair.”

Cardinal Job Fair can seem daunting, but with careful preparation, one can make an impact that can lead to great things. Because there are so many opportunities available, some attendees find themselves learning about new fields or businesses they may not have heard of before.

“If a company isn’t hiring for what you’re interested in doing, it’s still worth talking with the representative to find out how to apply for the position you want,” said Mitchell. “If you don’t know what a company does or you don’t think you’d be interested in a specific company, don’t overlook them — instead, you should take the time to dialogue with the employer to learn more about the company and see if you have interest in pursuing them further.”

Lastly, Cardinal Job Fair is an event where many things take place. Students and alumni find out about opportunities, recruiters reach out to the attendees, and plenty of networking happens in every corner of Worthen Arena. It is also an opportunity to take advantage of the Career Center’s free services.

“Be sure to stop by our professional photo booth when you visit the fair,” said Kristy Fix, Coordinator of Employer Relations. “We offer free photo services for anyone attending, so be sure to utilize this great opportunity to get photos of you looking your best.”

To stay in the know before and during the fair, please download our free app, Career Fair Plus, on the iOS App Store or Google Play

#careersforcardinals

All participants are welcome. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations or who have questions about physical access may call 765-285-1522 or email careercenter@bsu.edu in advance of the program.

The Ball State University Career Center helps students integrate their education, self-awareness and experiences to empower a lifetime of career achievement and personal satisfaction, while using industry best practices and connecting students, employers, faculty and alumni in their quests to reach their career goals. For more information, please visit bsu.edu/careers.