Ball State gymnastics hosts No. 20 Kent State

<p>The Ball State gymnastics team held a Red vs. White with special judges on Dec. 4 in John E. Worthen Arena. Their next home meet will be Jan. 28 against Kent State University. Teri Lightning Jr., DN</p>

The Ball State gymnastics team held a Red vs. White with special judges on Dec. 4 in John E. Worthen Arena. Their next home meet will be Jan. 28 against Kent State University. Teri Lightning Jr., DN

Coming back from a weekend of improvements in North Carolina, Ball State gymnastics (5-3, 0-0 MAC) will open up Mid-American Conference competition against Kent State (2-0, 1-0 MAC) at home this weekend.

Last weekend, the Cardinals pulled off a major improvement on uneven bars where they improved 2.475 points from the previous weekend. The Cardinals also posted an early season high meet last weekend of 194.750.

This weekend the team is looking to maintain the same focus and consistency competing at home for the first time this season. The Road to Nationals rankings has the Cardinals falling into the No. 47 placing. While the team is holding a consistent 40-42 ranking on three of its four events, the team is looking to pull up its bars ranking as it sits in the No. 56 spot in that event.

On the other side of the floor, the Golden Flashes are the No. 20 ranked team in the nation. In its quad meet against Centenary College and Northern Illinois, Kent State posted an impressive opening-season score of 195.925. The Golden Flashes have also broken the top ten rankings on two of four events in floor (No. 10) and uneven bars (No. 7).

The Cardinals will take the floor on Sunday at 1 p.m. at Worthen Arena. 

Contact Jack Williams with comments at jgwilliams@bsu.edu.