Wet and dreary end to the week

Today: It is a wet and dreary day across Central Indiana.  With the rain showers that moved through this morning, temperatures have come down a bit this afternoon.  Expect scattered rain showers to continue, especially this afternoon, with highs around the mid-70s.

Tonight: A mostly cloudy night, with just a slight chance of an isolated shower.  Lows will fall only into the lower 60s.

Tomorrow: Have the umbrella handy again, as a cold front comes through in the afternoon.  Rain showers are likely, with highs approaching the upper 70s.

Fall Break Weekend: Who's ready for Fall Break?  Ball State students do not have class Monday and Tuesday next week.  A mixed bag of weather is expected for the weekend, with rain and thunderstorms possible on Saturday.

7-Day Forecast: The next several days feature summer-like, unsettled weather.  Rain and some thunderstorms are possible throughout the rest of the week.  Severe weather is not anticipated.  A brief dry stretch is possible early next week, but rain chances will increase toward the middle of the week, with the passage of a cold front.  Fall-like conditions will not return until late next week.  Stay dry and cool!

Make sure to follow us on Twitter @NLIWeather.

---Weather Forecaster Nathan Gidley

NewsLink Indiana is a proud Ambassador for the NOAA Weather-Ready Nation program. For more information about the Weather-Ready Nation program please click HERE