Minnetrista to host hard cider event Friday

<p>Minnetrista sits at 1200 N Minnetrista Pkwy. <strong>Breanna Daugherty, DN File</strong></p>

Minnetrista sits at 1200 N Minnetrista Pkwy. Breanna Daugherty, DN File

Minnetrista will be hosting After Hours: The Out-Cider on Friday, Oct. 20, from 6-9 p.m. in the Nature Area.

The event will feature Minnetrista’s apple cider, but with a twist. Specially made for the event, the apple cider has been converted to hard cider at the Heorot in downtown Muncie. The cider has been fermenting for about one week.

“It’s always rewarding to have someone drink your brew,” said Bob Cox, who's been brewing for 25 years, five of them at the Heorot. “If they don’t like it, that’s also rewarding, too, because not everybody’s going to like it. Everybody’s palate is different, and so, then you learn.”

This edition of After Hours will have an outdoorsy feel.

“The theme for the event is “glamping,” where it’s all the fun of doing a campfire-type thing, without having to do all the setup and prep work,” said Mason Absher, theatre connections manager at Minnetrista. “We’re going to have s’mores, hot dogs and live music. Come out, enjoy some hard cider and be able to just enjoy being outside in the great fall weather.”

Tickets to After Hours are $10, and you can get a free sample the night of the event if you pre-register online at minnetrista.net.