Meet the NewsLink Indiana Weather Team

Live Shows:

Monday:

Kalie Pluchel - Chief Weather Forecaster
Year: Senior
Major: Meteorology & Climatology
Hometown: Westfield, IN

Kalie is the Chief Weather Forecaster for NewsLink Indiana. She is also a proud member of Gamma Theta Upsilon, MortarBoard, Kappa Delta, and one of the founders of Waking Up with Cardinal Weather. When not geeking out about weather you can catch her watching her favorite shows. Kalie is an avid sports fan and proudly supports the Colts and the Pacers. Her plan after graduation, in December, is to pursue a career in Broadcast Meteorology.

Nathan DeYoung

Year: Senior

Major: Meteorology & Telecommunications-News 

Hometown: Middletown, IN 

Nathan is a forecaster and Chief Operations Officer of the Benny Weather Group. He is also a proud member of NWA, AMS, RTDNA, National FFA Alumni and is one of the founders of Waking Up with Cardinal Weather. His plan after graduation is to pursue a career in broadcast meteorology with the goal to serve rural America.

Tuesday:

Balint Szalavari - Assistant Chief Weather Forecaster 

Major: Meteorology & Climatology

Minors: German & Telecommunications

Year: Senior

Hometown: Indianapolis, IN

Balint is the Assistant Chief Weather Forecaster at NewsLink Indiana. Balint is a proud member of WCRD, Gamma Theta Upsilon, and the Ball State Storm Chase Team. One interesting fact about Balint is that he speaks three languages - Hungarian, English, and German. After graduation in May, Balint hopes to begin his career as a broadcast meteorologist. 

Molly Coates

Year: Senior

Major: Meteorology and Climatology

Hometown: Fountain City, Indiana

Molly is a Weather Forecaster for NewsLink Indiana. She is also involved in a few other on-campus organizations, Gamma Theta Upsilon, and  Waking Up With Cardinal Weather. After graduation, in December, she plans on pursuing her career in Broadcast Meteorology. 

Thursday:

Joe Strus 

Year: Junior

Major: Meteorology & Climatology

Hometown: Dyer, IN

Joe is a Weather Forecaster for NewsLink Indiana and WCRD 91.3 FM, Ball State's college radio station. He is the Storm Ready Coordinator on the executive board of the Ball State Storm Chase Team and is an original member of the new Cardinal Weather Service. Joe is an avid sports fan who loves to watch the Chicago Blackhawks and White Sox. He is planning to graduate in the spring of 2019 and pursue a job in the Broadcast Meteorology field. 

Ethan Rosuck

Year: Senior

Major: Meteorology & Climatology

Minor: Telecommunications

Hometown: Hawthorn Woods, IL

Ethan is the Chief Weather Forecaster for WCRD 91.3 FM and a Weather Forecaster forNewsLink Indiana. He is also a proud member of Gamma Theta Upsilon, Music & Memory - Muncie, where he serves as the Treasurer, and is a founding member and the current Vice President of the Ball State Weather Society. His plan after graduation, in May, is to pursue a career in Broadcast Meteorology. 

Evening Web Shows:

Wednesday:

Amanda Kedzierski

Year: Senior

Major: Meteorology & Climatology; Minor: TCOM

Hometown: Irwin, PA

Over the summer, Amanda interned with the National Weather Service in Chicago as a Hollings Scholar through NOAA.  She is also the captain of the BSU Women's Swimming and Diving Team.

Payton Domschke

Year: Sophomore

Major: Meteorology & Climatology   

Hometown: Bolingbrook, IL

Here at Ball State, Payton Domschke is also a weather forecaster for WCRD 91.3FM, The Weather Society, and Storm Chase Team on campus. Although she dedicates most of her time furthering her education, Domschke finds time to teach Total Body Tone as a REC Fit Instructor in order further her passion for health and fitness.

Friday:

Brandi Geister

Year: Sophomore

Major: Journalism, News, and Meteorology

Hometown: Reddick, IL

Brandi is a Weather Forecaster for NewsLink Indiana. In addition to NewsLink, she is also a member of Gamma Theta Upsilon, the Storm Chase Team, WCRD Weather, and The Weather Society. She plans on being a Broadcast Meteorologist. In her spare time, she loves playing with her St. Bernard, Zella, and she also enjoys running.

Gabe Prough

Year: Freshman

Major: Meteorology & Climatology 

Hometown: Bluffton, IN 

Gabe is a Weather Forecaster for NewsLink Indiana. Since he was little, Gabe has always been passionate about the weather and looks forward to bringing that enthusiasm to Ball State. He plans to eventually pursue a career in Broadcast Meteorology.

Midday Web Shows:

Monday:

Morgan Strackbein

Year: Junior

Major: Meteorology & Climatology 

Hometown: Carmel, IN 

This is Morgan's first year involved with Newslink Indiana and she couldn't be more excited! She plans on attending the storm chasing trip this summer with Ball State. She also is involved with Ball State's Dance Marathon, which she considers one of her passions. 

Megan Jones

Year: Freshman

Major: Advertising

Hometown: Walton, IN

Megan is a Freshman majoring in advertising and I am proud to call the quaint, little town of Walton, IN my home. Along with doing Newslink Indiana Weather, Megan is  currently involved as a Newslink Indiana reporter as well as a member of the American Advertising Federation (AAF), and the Ball State Swing Society. Some fun facts about her are that she has traveled across Europe, she was Federalist Party Chairman at Hoosier Girls State, and she has flown multiple times in the cockpit of an airplane.

Wednesday:

Liz Szewczyk

Year: Sophomore

Major: Meteorology

Hometown: Saint John, IN

This is Liz's first year being involved in NewsLink Indiana and she is very excited to use this year to explore more about opportunities in Broadcast and Maritime Meteorology. She is involved in multiple organizations and enjoys staying busy during the school year. Outside of school, Liz spends her time working with kids, hiking, and keeping up with her favorite sport teams. 

Nathan Gidley

Year: Freshman

Major: Meteorology & Climatology

Hometown: Fort Wayne, IN.

Nathan is a new forecaster for NewsLink Indiana and WCRD Radio.  While in high school, Nathan participated in various bands, the Fort Wayne Children's Choir, and community theatre.  He is excited to bring his passion for weather to the only news station dedicated exclusively to the Muncie community!

Friday:

Steven Diana

Year: Junior

Major: Meteorology 

Hometown: Indianapolis, IN

Steven Diana is currently pursuing my Meteorology major here at Ball State. He is a Junior, and is from Indianapolis, Indiana. One interesting fact about him is that he is an avid runner and likes to actively participate in 5K's along with swimming, biking, and playing music.