Get in a spooky spirit with community Halloween activities

<p>Fall is finally here. Create your own pumpkin spice candle. Sabrina Schnetzer, DN</p>

Fall is finally here. Create your own pumpkin spice candle. Sabrina Schnetzer, DN

Editors Note: For submissions and additions to the Halloween activities listing, please email news@bsudailynews.com with the event details.

Halloween is less than a week away and Ball State has several spooky themed events to help students get into the Halloween spirit.

Here are just a handful of events leading up to October 31:

Wednesday, Oct. 25

UPB Fear Factor: Students will be participating in a Fear Factor style game show from 8-10 p.m. in Pruis Hall. Everyone is welcome to watch as participants try to conquer their fears.

Thursday, Oct. 26

Halloween: The Cardinal Film Society will be showing the classic 1978 film "Halloween" in the David Letterman Communication and Media Building Room 121 at 7 p.m. Snacks and trivia will precede the showing.

Friday, Oct. 27

Night of Ten Minutes: Busted Space Theatre will perform short and spooky plays written, directed and performed by students. The event is from 6:30-7:30 p.m. in Bracken Library Room 104.

Hall-o-ween: From 5:30-7:30 p.m., the hall councils of Park Hall, Woodworth Complex and DeHority Complex will be hosting a Halloween-themed event. Activities include pumpkin decorating, costume contests, games and a bonfire where food will be provided.

Fall Fest at Boys and Girls Club: This is a volunteer opportunity sponsored by the Student Voluntary Services. Students can participate in a night of making crafts, playing games and more with children from the Muncie community from 3:30-7 p.m. Those who wish to participate may sign up on the SVS database. Transportation will be provided to and from Heekin Park.

Friday Night Filmworks: Sit back, relax and enjoy a showing of "Annabelle: Creation" for free in Pruis Hall at 9 p.m.

Saturday, Oct. 28

Nite of the Living Late Nite: A spooky Late Nite theme with a costume competition, a circus side show, haunted house, escape rooms and more from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.

Sunday, Oct. 29

Pumpkin Bash: Lambda Chi Alpha is sponsoring the inaugural Pumpkin Bash to raise money for Feeding America. Teams must have 5 people and it costs $10 per person to participate. Students can go to LaFollette Field from noon to 4 p.m. to have a fun filled day with pumpkin-themed competitions.

Dragmageddon: Drag Show Apocalypse!: Spectrum is having its semi-annual drag show in Ball Gymnasium starting at 7 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 and guests are encouraged to come in costumes. Admission is free, but donations for Muncie OUTreach will be accepted. Open Door Health Services are also providing free and confidential HIV testing.

Tuesday, Oct. 31

F.E.A.R. Haunted House: The Student Honors Council and Student Government Association are hosting a free interactive haunted house from 8-11 p.m. at the Ball Honors House.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show: The annual "Rocky Horror Picture Show" will be performed by students in John R Emens Auditorium. The shadow cast performance will begin at midnight. However, doors open at 10 p.m. with a pre-show at 11 p.m. 

Contact Evan Weaver with comments at erweaver@bsu.edu