University police close Lucina vandalism investigation

<p>Ball State University police responded to vandalism at Lucina Hall on Aug. 27th. The investigation is now closed and the University is not releasing any more information. <strong>Max Lewis, DN</strong></p>

Ball State University police responded to vandalism at Lucina Hall on Aug. 27th. The investigation is now closed and the University is not releasing any more information. Max Lewis, DN

Ball State  police have closed the investigation into the vandalism of Lucina Hall, university spokesperson Kathy Wolf said. 

Several broken windows were found at Lucina Hall on Aug. 27 and university police were called in to investigate. That same week, the university released surveillance images of the suspect, hoping to get the public's help in identifying him. 

Ball State Police released surveillance images of the suspect, hoping to get the public's help in identifying this person of interest in connection with vandalism at Lucina Hall. Photo provided

RELATED: UPDATE: UPD looking for 'person of interest' in Lucina vandalism

University police were eventually able to identify the suspect but "due to the tragic circumstances and out of respect for the family" the university will not be releasing his name, Wolf said in a statement. No arrest was made and the suspect had no known affiliation with the university.

Nothing is believed to have been stolen, but the window repairs will be paid for out of university funds and it is unknown how much it will cost, Wolf said. 

Wolf's full statement reads: 

"On Sunday, Aug. 27th, we discovered that an individual had vandalized Lucina Hall. The campus police conducted a very thorough investigation and found a suspect and pursued that route. The investigation is now closed and based upon on the tragic circumstances and out of respect for the family, we are not releasing any further information."