Morgan Nadaline's top 15 finish carries women's golf team in Cardinal Classic

Senior Morgan Nadaline tees off at hole nine during the Cardinal Classic on Sept. 19 at Players Club Woodland Trails. Nadaline sat at five over par both days of the tournament. Kaiti Sullivan, DN

Ball State Scores

Morgan Nadaline: 221 (+5)
Manon Tounalom: 225 (+9)
Sydney Anderson: 232 (+16)
Emily Knouff*: 232 (+16)
Liz Kim: 239 (+23)
Holly Anderson: 240 (+24)
Reece Malapit*: 75-77-DQ

Ball State women’s golf hosted its annual Cardinal Classic, which brought the biggest field of golfers in the tournament’s history to the Players Club in Yorktown as over 100 golfers represented 19 schools.

Through 54 holes, Ball State tied for ninth place out of 19 teams. IUPUI won the tournament with 863 points. Challenged by the hour rain delay on Tuesday, the Ball State golfers stayed focused and used their knowledge of the course to their advantage. 

Leading the team was senior Morgan Nadaline, who sat at five over par after both days, and finished in a tie for 12th overall.  Nadaline stayed consistent with a 78-point final round to put her at 221 points in 54 holes on the tournament.

“It was just a tremendous day [for Morgan],” said Mowat. “Overall, we look at a three-day total that’s a five over par and I think the best of her career, and certainly that’s something to really celebrate for Morgan.”

Freshman Sydney Anderson (16+) paced the Cardinals with 74-point finish. Sophomore Manon Tounalom shot a 76, to come in as Ball State’s second-best finisher tying for 29th. Freshman Liz Kim rounded out the team with a scored 78 points. Ball State combined for a total of 909 (+45). 

Mowat was impressed with Kim and Anderson’s performance in the freshman duo’s first Cardinal Classic.

“Our freshmen, all of them, put together some pretty good rounds and they are pretty fearless,” Mowat said.

The Ball State women’s golf team will travel to Boston on Friday to compete in the Boston College Intercollegiate Tournament on Sunday and Monday.