Man robs gas station, hits K-9 officer

<p>A Muncie man was arrested on Thursday morning after police say he robbed the Marathon gas station on the 100 block of W. McGalliard Road. Jesse Lindsey, 40, was taken to the Delaware County Jail where he posted a $30,000 bond. <strong>Delaware County Jail, Photo Provided</strong></p>

A Muncie man was arrested on Thursday morning after police say he robbed the Marathon gas station on the 100 block of W. McGalliard Road. Jesse Lindsey, 40, was taken to the Delaware County Jail where he posted a $30,000 bond. Delaware County Jail, Photo Provided

A Muncie man was arrested Thursday morning after Muncie police say he robbed a Marathon gas station clerk at gunpoint. 

Jesse Lindsey, 40, is preliminarily charged with one count of robbery, one count of theft, one count of interfering with a police animal and one county of resisting law enforcement, according to court documents. 

The clerk told police that a white male approached the counter with a Crunch candy bar and then proceeded to pull out a handgun and demand the clerk open the cash register. The clerk said the male placed the gun on his stomach and demanded he put the money in a plastic bag.

The clerk put the money in the bag and the suspect ran out of the store. 

When police arrived on scene, they began searching the nearby area for the suspect. An officer and his K-9 partner located Lindsey under a home near the gas station. When Lindsey was apprehended he "struck" and "wrestled" with the K-9 repeatedly. The K-9 was uninjured. 

Both the clerk and another witness identified Lindsey as the man who robbed the store. 

Lindsey was treated at Ball Memorial Hospital for his injuries then taken to the Delaware County Jail. His bond was set at $30,000.