Ball State Students can now get Spotify and Hulu for $5 a month

Streaming services are constantly used where there’s a stable Internet connection. It’s grown quite popular with the millennial generation, as evidenced by the heavily-used phrase “Netflix and Chill.”

On Thursday, Spotify and Hulu announced a combo deal that gives Spotify Premium and Hulu Plus for $5 a month, which is in effect as of Thursday’s announcement.

The normal subscription for Hulu Plus is roughly $8 per month, which allows streaming of numerous TV shows with the tacked-on requirement of watching advertisements.

Spotify Premium for students only charged $5 before this new deal struck. Now it’s essentially allowing students to get Hulu for free.

This combination of services is a competitive move to keep up with AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile who have individually offered combination services like bundled DirecTV or Netflix.

According to a Spotify News article, Senior VP and Head of Distribution and Partnerships at Hulu had this to say: “We are proud to announce Spotify as our newest strategic partner – they’re an iconic brand in music streaming and a proven leader in reaching and engaging young consumers.”

The idea of combining music and television services together for college students is incredibly generous for $5 a month. To put it into perspective, that’s the same price as one year’s worth of Xbox Live or PlayStation Plus. With that in mind, it’s going to be difficult to stop students from taking advantage of this deal that may also ditch the streaming competition.

Sources: The VergeSpotify NewsAlternative Press

For more entertainment related content, visit us at Byte Bsu!