Ball State finishes 10th in Boston College Intercollegiate

<p>Manon Tounalom tees off at hole 8 during the Cardinal Classic Sept. 19 at the Players Club. <strong>Kaiti Sullivan, DN File</strong></p>

Manon Tounalom tees off at hole 8 during the Cardinal Classic Sept. 19 at the Players Club. Kaiti Sullivan, DN File

Ball State women’s golf bounced back on the second and final day of the Boston College Intercollegiate to finish off the tournament with 939 points (77+) for a 10th place finish. 

Sophomore Manon Tounalom had another impressive outing to top the Cardinals' roster with a 15th overall finish in the two-day tournament. Tounalom finished five over par the first day and 11 over par at the end of play today.

Next to Tounalom, senior Morgan Nadaline pulled it together after struggling through the first 36 holes yesterday, as she ended five over par on the day. Nadaline's overall finish of 22 over par tied freshman Liz Kim. The duo tied for 47th place overall. 

Junior Sydney Anderson finished 25 over par, while freshman Emily Knouff wrapped up the Cardinals' scored golfers finishing 29 over par.

In a tight race for the top spot out of 16 schools, Richmond (+23) tops Boston College (+34) and Georgetown (+39) for its second tournament win of the fall season. 

The Ball State women’s golf team will tee off again in Lexington, Kentucky Oct. 6-8 at the Bettie Lou Evans Invitational.