Muncie Liquors has an exciting history that began when Fred Koger opened the businesses in 1981. Fred’s uncle was a bootlegger who never filed an income tax return. Fred asked to borrow money from him to open a liquor store at 501 W. Washington St. and his uncle agreed and Fred paid him back within 2 years.    

Fred began to form relationships with Ball State University and was awarded paddles by several fraternities. As he began to purchase more stores he was nominated by the National Liquor store for Retailer of the Year.    

Sadly, in 1994, Fred Koger lost his life. However, Mrs. Koger continued his dream by purchasing more stores adding to a total of six locations.    

Muncie Liquors continues to be price conscious and a service-oriented company that offers a vast variety of beers, domestics, imports and micro brews. Available items range from the latest new and established liquors and a huge selection of wines from various countries. Our focal point is to serve only 21+ year old patrons while providing the best service in town.    

We were voted Muncie’s Finest Liquor store in the 2016 Readers’ Choice Poll and we are committed to living up to our title. Our exclusive deals and friendly staff are committed to making your night with friends part of the best memories you will have at Ball State!    

Muncie Liquors is also happy to offer hard to find items including Johnnie Walker Blue Label, Lucid, Grande Absente, and Royale Salute. However, if you’re looking for something we don’t have, we would be happy to order them for you! We also have the widest selection of Craft Spirits plus high end Bourbon, Tequila & Rum. We carry over 900 Craft & Import Beers.   

Visit our website at muncieliquors.com to tour our store. Or come visit one of our six locations! 

• 801 N Wheeling Ave 
  • 2901 S Madison Ave 
  •  415 S Tillotson Ave. 
  •  1112 W Centennial Ave.  
  • 3005 N Oakwood Ave.