Schedule announced for Friday Night Filmworks

The University Program Board started off Friday Night Filmworks at Quad Bash this semester, but there are still plenty of Fridays left to see a movie at Pruis Hall.

Students can enjoy these movies for free or bring a guest 16 years or older for $1. Almost all screenings begin at 9 p.m. and doors open at 8:15 p.m. On Sept. 15, movies will be shown at 7 and 10 p.m. for Family Weekend.

“Rough Night”

Sept. 1

A bachelorette party takes a turn for the worse when the male stripper they hired ends up dead.

“Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales”

Sept. 8

The fifth “Pirates of the Caribbean” movie follows Captain Jack Sparrow on his search for Poseidon's trident. “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” features appearances from original cast members Keira Knightley, Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp.

“Wonder Woman”

Sept. 15

Can’t decide between Marvel or DC? Maybe the Princess of the Amazons can sway your opinion in “Wonder Woman.” This origin story introduces another superhero into the DC movie universe and has a PG-13 rating.

“Cars 3”

Sept. 22

Ka-chow! Disney’s Lightning McQueen is back for a third movie. In this film, the famous red race car works hard to maintain his title among younger racers.

“Baby Driver”

Sept. 29

Ansel Elgort stars as a young getaway driver alongside Jon Bernthal, Jon Hamm and Eiza Gonzalez in the film “Baby Driver.” 

“Despicable Me 3”

Oct. 6

Gru returns in this animated film to discover he has a brother who is his polar opposite, Dru. Catch up with the minions and the rest of the “Despicable Me” crew in this PG film.

“Girls Trip”

Oct. 13

Regina Hall, Queen Latifah, Tiffany Haddish and Jada Pinkett Smith travel to New Orleans to reconnect and take a break from their busy lives in this film.

“Spider-Man Homecoming”

Oct. 20

Tom Holland stars in Marvel's latest Spider-Man remake. “Spider-Man Homecoming" follows a high school-aged Spider-Man as he tries to balance classes, crushes, impressing the Avengers and fighting the Vulture. 

“Annabelle: Creation”

Oct. 27

After her debut in “The Conjuring,” the possessed, porcelain terror known as Annabelle returns in the prequel “Annabelle: Creation.”

“The Dark Tower”

Nov. 3

Based off the novel written by Stephen King, “The Dark Tower” stars Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey in a battle of good versus evil to save the universe.

“Dunkirk”

Nov. 10

This World War II movie is based off the true story of the miracle of Dunkirk and has something for viewers who enjoy history, war movies and even One Direction with a cameo from Harry Styles.

“Logan Lucky”

Nov. 17

Channing Tatum, Adam Driver, Daniel Craig and Jim O’Heir are in “Logan Lucky,” a comedy where two brothers use a NASCAR race as cover to pull off a heist.

“IT”

Dec. 1

In Stephen King’s book, “It” returns every 27 years. Now, 27 years after the original film, “It” has returned.

Audience Choice

Dec. 18

The final Friday Night Filmworks movie is yet to be determined, because audiences have the chance to vote on what will be shown.