NASH Next finals at Pruis Hall

<p>The local finals for the NASH 102.5 nationwide talent competition, NASH Next, will be held at 7 p.m. tonight in Pruis Hall. Artists will compete to advance to Nashville where they are guaranteed air time on the second largest radio station nationwide. Nash FM 102.5, Photo Provided</p>

The local finals for the NASH 102.5 nationwide talent competition, NASH Next, will be held at 7 p.m. tonight in Pruis Hall. Artists will compete to advance to Nashville where they are guaranteed air time on the second largest radio station nationwide. Nash FM 102.5, Photo Provided

The local finals for the NASH 102.5 nationwide talent competition, NASH Next, will be held at 7 p.m. tonight in Pruis Hall.

In June, 10 local artists submitted their original songs, which were then rated by fans throughout July. The judges then reviewed the submissions and ratings before cutting the competition down to five artists: Brad Kleinschmidt, Bacon Dave and Fireball, Bree Echelbarger, Ricky Dees and Who’s Yer Coustic.

These artists will compete to advance to Nashville where they are guaranteed air time on the second largest radio station nationwide, Cumulus Media, and have the chance to compete for a record deal with Big Machine record label.

Program Director Chris Chase said that last year's winner, Todd O’Neill, has had a lot of success as he continues to work with Big Machine record label. Kleinschmidt, however, is excited for all aspects of the competition, not just the fame.

“Any time I get a chance to perform songs I’ve written and recorded is an opportunity I really look forward to as a musician,” Kleinschmidt said. “Plus, to perform in Pruis Hall on BSU’s campus is an added bonus.”

Tickets are free and can be picked up at various locations around Muncie such as T&H Sweeper on 700 W. McGalliard Rd., Marco’s Pizza on 626 S. Walnut St.,  Art Van Furniture on Wheeling Avenue on 4701 Wheeling Ave. and Old National Bank.