6 places to volunteer off campus

<p>Volunteers help at Munice Missions on April 22. They were a part of a volunteer documentary called Shoot for Good. Chelsea Scofield // DN File</p>

Volunteers help at Munice Missions on April 22. They were a part of a volunteer documentary called Shoot for Good. Chelsea Scofield // DN File

There are plenty of opportunities to get involved in the community and volunteer this semester. Here are six places around Muncie that are looking for help. 

Boys and Girls Club

The Boys and Girls Club of Muncie is always looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help with nonprofit work. Volunteers work with ages K-12 on homework or coach a sports team. Applications to volunteer can be found on the website

YMCA of Muncie

Some volunteer opportunities at the YMCA include reading to children, teaching an exercise class, or helping in offices. To volunteer, fill out the two-part application on the website

Habitat for Humanity

Habitat for Humanity has no minimum or maximum amount of time required to volunteer. With an open-door policy, volunteers can choose between seven different programs, including construction work and shelving pantries. To apply, go to the website or email volunteer@munciehabitat.org. 

Muncie Mission

At Muncie Mission, volunteers can work alongside the mission men and other staff to give back to community members. Volunteer options include office work, store work, and keeping the buildings running smoothly. Muncie Mission can be contacted at (765) 288-9122 or you can visit the website

Muncie Public Library

The Muncie Public Library has four locations across Muncie that need volunteers, with some less than five minutes from campus.The libraries need help shelving books and keeping things in order. To apply to volunteer, visit the library’s website

Animal Rescue Fund

ARF is calling all animal lovers to volunteer at the shelter, which provides homes, medical care and love. The nonprofit is looking for volunteers 18 years and older to spend time with the animals. Volunteer handbooks can be picked up at the shelter from 1 to 4 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.