All hail the Queen: Junkertown reveals potential new character

At Gamescon, Blizzard announced  map that gave players a closer look at two fan favorite characters, Junkrat and Roadhog. Junkertown is a post-apocalyptic, ramshackle junk yard of a town presided over by a nameless queen who narrated the reveal trailer, saying:

"Listen up you wretched scum. I see your struggles. Trying to survive in the wasteland. It's time to face the facts. The end of the world's come and gone. Your past lives are a dream. It's time you woke up. They thought they could take our land and give it to the machines. They were wrong. We won the war. And now we reap the spoils. We built a new world from the ashes. So step into the Scrapyard. No rules. No mercy. Only the strong survive. This is your queen. Welcome to the apocalypse. Welcome to Junkertown."

The trailer does not reveal her face - only her throne and apparent domain over the Mad Max aesthetic well illustrated by red sand, rusted metal, and other sharp-looking scarps.

Sharp-eyed players appear to have found her face within the map on the Public Test Region itself, however, in the form of a poster. With the clear labeling of “The Queen” beneath her in spray paint, her war-paint splattered face smirks, looking every inch a post-apocalyptic warrior with her mohawk, spiked pauldrons, and some kind of weapon slung casually over her shoulder.

Examples of online appreciation of the new character can be found here, here, and here.

While there has yet to be any confirmation of her becoming a new character, this very much mimics the way Doomfist was first teased through in-map posters before his reveal. Lead writer Michael Chu has also pointed fans toward the poster, and Twitter has indeed become full of avid fans of The Queen of Junkertown.

Source: Gamescom, Gamepedia, Twitter, YouTube

Twitter: Dotesports

For more entertainment related content, visit us at Byte Bsu!