Looking for healthy, colorful, flavorful dining options on campus?  How about unique international fare? Custom-built flatbreads, salads,  and burrito bowls? Ball State Dining has you covered. The 11 dining  locations across campus offer some of the best menu variety in the  country, according to The Daily Meal, who named Ball State to its “Best Colleges for Food in America” list in both 2015 and 2016.Want to get the most out of your dining experience? Here  are some “pro tips”—pieces of advice that students and employees have  told us have been helpful in taking advantage of the variety and value  available in Ball State Dining: 

• Take the time to eat all across campus. Each location has its own specialties and unique menus.
  • All-you-care-to-eat locations are a great value. You even get to carry out a piece of fruit.
  • The items that offer the most variety aren't always the most  visible, b/c they haven't been made yet—they're custom items made to  order. So, if you want variety, be sure to take a second to look around  before you fill your tray.  
  • For shorter lines, try to avoid eating right at noon if possible.
  • Grab one of Dining’s reusable mugs or bottles for 80-cent fills on  self-serve coffee and fountain drinks. The savings add up fast.
  • Put your dressing in a cup at weighed salad bars rather than directly on your salad—one cup is complimentary.
  • Before breaks, some items are discounted. Keep an eye out.
  • If you want to know about things like half-price Starbucks specials,  follow Ball State Dining on social media. Discounts are usually  announced on Twitter.
  • Use NetNutrition to see menus online from your phone or other mobile device before you head to a location. 
  • Subscribe to Dining emails in the Communications Center so you don’t miss information about meal plan change deadlines.
  • Find something you absolutely love at a homestyle station and want  to catch it again the next time it’s on the menu? Most homestyle/comfort  menus rotate on a four-week cycle, so check NetNutrition for that meal again in four weeks. 
  • If you’re planning to move off campus but will still be eating some snacks or meals on campus, or grabbing Starbucks, purchase Dining Cash before you  move off campus. Why? If you purchase Dining Cash while you’re still on  a meal plan, you’ll receive 10% off the purchase of funds. Dining Cash  doesn’t expire until you leave the university, unlike the Dining Plus  that comes with a meal plan.
  • Don’t be afraid to ask for something you want to see on menus.  Dining is responsive to student feedback and goes the extra mile to meet  student requests. Success story case study: buffalo chicken dip
  • As always, on-campus students with individual dietary needs  such as food allergies are encouraged to contact Dining at 765-285-1967  for assistance with meal planning and any needed accommodations. And off-campus students, don’t forget that there are meal plans specifically designed for you. Learn more about Ball State Dining’s menus, hours, and events at bsu.edu/dining

As with all advertising, sponsored content does not necessarily  reflect the views and choices of the employees of Unified Media. Unified  Media will ensure the treatment and design of advertising and sponsor  content is clearly differentiated from its editorial content. Unified  Media reserves the right to refuse publication of such content that, in  its own judgment, would undermine the intellectual integrity, authority,  and character of our enterprise. Consistent with the foregoing General  Advertising Guidelines, Unified Media may reject or remove any sponsored  content at any time that contains false, deceptive, misleading, or  illegal content; is inconsistent with or may tend to bring  disparagement, harm to reputation, or other damage to Unified Media’s  brand.