Patrick Murphy // DN File
Board of Trustees to hold last meeting of summer
The Board of Trustees last meeting of the summer will be held on July 21.
The first meeting begins at 1 p.m. with a closed executive session, but the other meeting throughout the day are open to the public, including sessions at 2 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 3 p.m. and 4 p.m.
According to the bsu.edu, the next regular meeting for the Board of Trustees is scheduled on September 8.
Here is a look at the schedule for the day:
1 p.m.: Frank A. Bracken Administration Building (closed to public)
- The board will discuss the initiation of litigation or pending litigation, the strategy of purchasing or leasing property, receive information about and interview prospective employees and go over classified records.
2 p.m.: Audit and Compliance Committee – L.A. Pittenger Student Center, Forum Room
- The board will approve the annual audit plan and disclosure statements.
- They will receive information on the annual audit standards review as well as have periodic reviews of investment transactions, verification of separation of duties and key vendor information. Vice President Bernard Hannon will go over a quarterly report of investment transactions, approved list of brokerage firms and safekeeping firm.
2:30 p.m.: Academic and Student Affairs Committee – L.A. Pittenger Student Center, Forum Room
- The board will seek to approve personnel reports along with the creation of the Department of Construction Management and Interior Design and the Department of Family, Consumer and Technology Education along with faculty qualifications, awarding degrees and certificates and discuss full-time contact faculty and promotions for the University Senate.
- The board will also be updated on the University Senate and enrollment.
3 p.m.: Finance, Facilities and Planning Committee – L.A. Pittenger Student Center, Forum Room
- The board will be approving the new North Residential Neighborhood - Phase l, the 2017 Equal Representation Committee agreement and the Indiana Academy for mathematics, sciences and humanities budget for the 2017-2018 fiscal year.
- The board will receive information on the General Fund Budget and Auxiliary Fund Budget for the 2017-2018 fiscal year along with reviewing the quarterly investment transaction report.
4 p.m.: Regular Meeting – L.A. Pittenger Student Center, Forum Room
- The board will review reports from the board committees.
- President Geoffrey S. Mearns will give a presidential report.