11 things to do at Minnetrista in July

DN FILE PHOTO BREANNA DAUGHERTY
DN FILE PHOTO BREANNA DAUGHERTY

For more information on these and other events, visit minnetrista.net or call 765-282-4848.

Have some free time on your hands but don't want to leave Muncie?

Minnetrista is offering multiple exhibits and events for community members to check out this month. 

Exhibits

Imagination Playground 

Children can have the chance to run, jump and play at the Imagination Playground while using giant, foam building blocks to spark their creativity. This is a family-centered activity. 

Mazes & Brain Games 

Now until September 5, community members have the opportunity to participate in a collection of 3-D puzzles and full-body games. The adventure is for people of all ages and sure to challenge and entertain visitors. 

Heritage Collection Gallery 

The Heritage Collection Gallery features years of Ball family collections, donations and glasswork from jelly to packer jars to family clothing. 

Events

Farmers Market at Minnetrista

Every Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon, the outdoor Farmers Market features a collection of local vendors featuring fresh produce and plants. 

Glass Workshop: Fused Glass Pendant

On July 14 from 6-8 p.m., Minnetrista will be hosting a glass workshop. Participants will learn how to create, grind and cut their own fused glass pendant with a wide selection of unique colors to chose from. All artwork will be made available to pick up the following week in The Orchard Shop. 

The registration deadline for the workshop ends July 10 and costs $35.

Canning Workshop: Pickles 

On July 18 from 6-8 p.m. for $20, community members can learn how to easily make homemade pickles. 

The registration deadline for this workshop is July 16.

Senior Free-Admission Day at Minnetrista: Childhood on the Boulevard

On July 19 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. seniors age 60 and older can join Minnetrista curator Jessica Jenkins to hear stories about the Ball children for free.

Faerie House Workshop

On July 22 from 10 a.m. to noon, community members will have the opportunity to create a magical home for friends in an imaginative, family workshop that will be displayed for all to see at Faeries, Sprites & Lights at Minnetrista. 

The registration deadline for the workshop is July 17. It costs $25 per Faerie House. 

Faeries, Sprites, & Lights at Minnetrista

This event is for families eager for imagination and play in a magical wonderland. From July 27-29, from 5-9 p.m., Minnetrista's Oakhurst Gardens will have faerie houses on display as well as crafts, music and dancing. 

The event is free for kids 2 and under. It cost $8 at the door, but pre-sale tickets are $6 through July 17. 

Faerie Spa

On July 28 from 1:30-3 p.m. and 2:30-4 p.m., community members will be treated to an afternoon of pampering and glittery fun with a professional stylist. 

Children will be transformed in true faerie fashion with custom hair, shimmering makeup and bright nail art for an evening of wonder and enchantment. The cost is $35. 

Faerie Tea Party

On July 29 from 10 a.m. to noon and 1-3 p.m., Minnetrista will be hosting a tea party. Parents are encouraged to bring their children dressed up in their favorite faerie outfit. Participants will get to enjoy teatime, light snacks and activities. 

Registration for the party ends July 21, the cost is $15 per person.